Sunday, September 4, 2011

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate: Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, And summer's lease hath all too short a date.


H2O Melon

I cannot possible top the prose of Shakespeare who spoke of summer in this sonnet. Yes summers lease does seem short however our temperatures were not very temperate in suburbia.

This end of summer however, I am not as melancholy as years gone before. This summer was full of action and plenty of hot summer sun. We got our moneys worth this year. So as we rip off the last page of August in our calendars or swipe our finger across our smart phones we will welcome September with it’s I’m not quiet summer but not fall either kind of attitude.

We must close the chapter of this book on our summer and welcome fall with all its glory.
Each season does have its way to make us feel happy. I love the changing of seasons. It is all I have ever known being a Midwesterner in every sense of the term.

The excitement when things are different.
New clothes to wear. New temperatures to experience and different elements to endure. I welcome change I guess you could say.

While I will miss my summer friend and all those beautiful blue skies, warmth and the bounty of my herb garden among other things, I must get ready for the change and welcome all that is fall.

We can look forward to a different colored farmers market with pumpkins, gourds and loads of apples. No mosquitoes, crunching leaves, Eva gets her braces off we are ecstatic, Michael’s football games, soups, baking bread or baking anything really, cool nights around the backyard fire pit.

Let us all embrace the season we have approaching with an appreciation for our earth and all it’s fall bounty.

No comments:

Post a Comment