Friday, February 24, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls In a Tube?



Ok truth be told, I am a little embarrassed to write this post. I am here to recommend a packaged food product.

You know those cinnamon rolls we had out of the tube when we were a kid? Well they are like that but new and improved. And to tell you the truth they are pretty good. Especially on those days when you don't have the time to wait for dough to rise.

Homemade cinnamon rolls are always better but sometimes you can settle for second best!

Rolls are not hard to make from scratch, they are time consuming and you need to have the day to plan ahead for the rising times. Other than that they are a snap.

On a recent trip to Trader Joe's the "tube" of cinnamon rolls caught my eye. I bought them on a lark and much to my surprise liked them.

There is another brand I purchased recently by Immaculate Baking Co. that are equally as good.





My son loves the hitting the tube against the counter edge part of the process. Even I admit there is some wicked sense of satisfaction you get when you whack the tube and the seam explodes before your very eyes.

Both kids enjoyed the frosting part!

What is it about foods from our childhood? We remember them and want to recreate those experiences.

Don't get me wrong my childhood baking experiences did not only revolve around exploding tubes of dough. My mother made delicious homemade cinnamon rolls. I remember those too. The rolling of the dough into it's perfect rectangular shape. The spreading of the butter which was soft and luscious and the funnest part the sprinkling of the brown sugar and cinnamon.

So food memories can come in all shapes and sizes create some this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment