Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Heirloom Tomatoes




This was lunch yesterday and it was delicious. I found these heirloom tomatoes at the market and was inspired to make a pasta salad. Very easy. I had some grilled peppers from the cookout the night before so they were perfect. That is something I always do. Whenever I'm grilling I will not let the coals go to waste so I look in the frig for any veges that would be great grilled. Peppers are fabulous grilled and can be used in salads and sandwiches. 

Pasta Salad Primavera

Pasta, lb your choice
bell peppers roasted, diced
heirloom tomatoes, halved
scallions, sliced
olive oil, extra virgin
splash white balsamic vinegar
coarse salt and pepper
basil, oregano, Italian parsley, fresh, chopped

Cook your pasta al dente and drain. Add remaining ingredients and serve with freshly grated parmiggiano.

This is where you can be creative. Use any roasted vegetables you have a taste for. Squash, asparagus, onions, etc

No comments:

Post a Comment